You must bear in mind that the local Searches and Enquiries that will be carried out with the Local Authority on your behalf only covers the property. It will not give information as to what is happening in the neighbourhood with the exception of any plans for a new road. If there are open fields or potential building plots near the property, or perhaps local knowledge comes to your attention from discussion with the selling agent or indeed the seller or their neighbours which causes you concern then you should contact the Planning Department of the Council direct and raise your query with them. Their records are a matter of public information and available for your inspection. It will speed up your purchase if you ask the department to let you have copies of all relevant planning or building regulation permissions.

We will need to see these.