Fire Insurance usually becomes the Buyer’s responsibility from Exchange of Contracts. The Building Society, Bank or Insurance Company will arrange insurance for you. If you are buying a leasehold property it is likely that the landlord will insure.

Mortgage Protection Insurance protects your family should anything happen to you. It is not compulsory, but most mortgage lenders recommend it.