Salmons Solicitors have always had a strong presence across North Staffordshire as specialists in personal injury claims.
Our Solicitor Stephen Brookes handles all cases personally, having been an Assessor of the Law Society’s Personal Injury Accreditation Scheme since 1996.
We often get asked plenty of questions about personal injury claims, which is why we have drawn up this handy guide to some of the most frequently asked questions.
When Should I Make a Personal Injury Claim?
We would recommend receiving legal advice as soon as possible if you are looking to make a personal injury compensation claim.
The most common type of personal injury claim is negligence which has a time limit of three years, which means court proceedings needed to be issued within three years of you being first aware that you have suffered an injury.
What Can I Claim For?
Generally, there are things that you can claim for –
- Actual Injuries – This is based on pain and suffering you have experienced and how the injuries have impacted on different aspects of your life; such as your work or social life. There is also the added facet of how your injuries might affect you in the future. For this type of case, we would look to obtain specialist medical reports regarding your injuries.
- Past and Future Financial Losses – This could mean a loss of earnings due to your injuries and the cost of any treatment required.
What is a Fast-Track Personal Injury Claim?
‘Fast-track’ claims are a formal court procedure which allows personal injury claims to be dealt with efficiently and cost-effectively. This means if your claim goes to court it can be dealt with in the most suitable way.
Who Will Pay My Legal Fees?
Salmons Solicitors deal with cases on a no-win-no-fee basis, which means that if your claim is not successful then you should not be charged anything.
If your case is successful, ordinarily most of your legal fees are paid by your opponent, with your legal fees deducted from your compensation once the case ends. This can depend, for example, on whether you a member of a union or if you have taken out legal expense insurance.
If we believe you have a good case and you choose to proceed, then we can look at the best way forward for you in terms of how your claim is ‘funded’.
Reasons to Choose Salmons for Personal Injury Claims
Here are a number of reasons to choose Salmon’s Solicitors to take your personal injury claim forward –
- We have a successful track record of winning claims
- We do not rely on distasteful practices such as ambulance chasing or ‘cold-calling’ for business
- We will advise you about all potential funding methods
- Our Solicitors can offer home visits in appropriate cases
- There is no requirement to purchase insurance or sign up to anything before seeing one of our solicitors
- The advice we provide is from a consultant-level solicitor, not a middleman
- Salmons Solicitors will offer information about the prospect of success, the value of the personal injury claim, the time it will take to conclude plus costs involved and funding
- Finally, we also have an effective complaints procedure
Talk to Salmons About Your Personal Injury Claim
If you would like to make a claim for compensation for personal injury, please contact Salmons Solicitors for the best legal advice in North Staffordshire now.